Sunday 28 December 2014

In Sewing News Today...

It had to be a mistake. On Christmas eve I found myself at my favourite bookstore and I happen to find the February / March issue of Vogue Patterns sitting on the shelf. This will go down as the best christmas gift to myself. Piled down wearing a pair of Sorels and a down-filled winter coat it was nice to flip threw the pages of spring offerings. 


And the magazine did not disappoint. Oh no, not at all. I don't think I have been this excited and inspired in a long time about the new patterns that I hope will appear on their website soon. I'm going to be in trouble when they go on sale.  

Talking about Christmas, have you recovered from all the frantic Christmas sewing? Or was that just me? I really should plan to spread out the Christmas gift sewing out over the year. But we all know that won't ever happen.  

I did get a Christmas gift that was showed that someone knows me very well. 


Basting tape! I go through this stuff like nobody's business. I use it mostly for holding zippers in place before I take it to the sewing machine to sew. I love it, Best. Gift. Ever.  

And I'm back to sewing. After those velvet dresses I'm looking for an easy project and what can be easier than sewing a pattern that I've made countless times.  


Mama R requested more tops and I'm using Simplicity 2372

In other sewing news... I'm going through a break up. Yup, I'm breaking up with Fabricland--our customer / business relationship is coming to an end. The end of our relationship has been a long time coming. I'm not their target consumer. Fabricland has been moving direction in their merchandise over the years catering to quilters, the home decorator and now knitters and crafters. As offerings to the home sewer who likes to make clothing I find the selection of fashion fabrics to be increasingly unlabelled as "unknown content," or polyester and an alarming amount of rayon. These are not fabrics that I'm typically drawn to so I feel that the time has come to discontinue my membership. It is a perfect time to shop my own stash. 

Well, that is all in sewing news today... 

Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...