Thursday, 25 December 2014

Over Three Years in the Making...

It was over three years ago that I started sewing squares of fabric together with the crazy thought of making a "quilt." You see, I'm not a quilter. I said it back then when I started the project and I think I can safely say today, "I'm still not a quilter."


However, I am proud of the project. It's been gifted to Mama R because there are so many memories found in those small squares of fabric. I wasn't sure who I was going to gift it to when I set out on this project, but it just seems right as the fabrics hold so many family stories.  

Happy Sewing!  



2 comments:

  1. It is very nice. I am teaching myself to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really am not a quilter. I admire people who do quilt, it takes a great deal of patience, precision and planning. It really is an art. Maybe one day I'll try to learn how to really quilt. I was just slapping cut scraps together.

      Delete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...