Wednesday 25 April 2012

My Bad!



















I'll admit it, I walked into a fabric store without any will power. I know, I banned myself from adding to my fabric stash. Yes, this is the second time that I fell off the wagon. Okay, where is that Fabric Addicts Anonymous book:
I admitted that I am powerless over fabulously wonderful fabric--that my life has become unmanageable.
I can't go that far, I'm still in denial perhaps. Seriously, I didn't have any intention of going out to the fabric store.

It was Sunday afternoon and my plan were to catch the 1:00 showing of Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was showing at the theatre and can you believe I haven't seen it? Well, Mama R wanted to go out and well how can one say "no" to their Mom. Seriously, that's just cruel. So Mama R and I got in the car and well we just ended up at the fabric store. And then I saw this print. How could I resist this print?

I found this 100% cotton print in the quilting section of the fabric store reduced down to $5/metre. I thought it would be lovely for a dress. And a shirt. Yup, I bought six metres. My bad.


3 comments:

  1. I love the print!! So. Cool. Can't wait to see a dress out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. You know your comment just encourages my fabric addiction.

      Delete
  2. Holy cow! You made me burst out laughing at that last line! :D Way to go. It is a lovely print.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...