Monday 31 October 2022

October in Review...

Sewing


This month has been all about gift sewing and preparing for the winter ahead.  


Stash busting

All of October's projects were made with fabric and notions found in the sewing stash.  This month 10.2 metres of fabric, 3 metres of elastic, 1 label, 1 zipper and 3 buttons were used from the stash.  


Mending

There has been some mending happening this month.  I'm thrilled that I was able to rescue two pairs of wool socks from the neglected and forgotten pile of socks I have for mending.  As well, there was a pair of pants, Vogue 1325, that now fit after extending the elastic.  


And a previously gifted pair of pajama bottoms came back to the sewing workspace to have the elastic shortened.  I used to dislike mending but lately, I've embraced the activity.  It feels good to fix and rescue these pieces.  


What's Next?  

There was talk here about making another winter coat, only to discover that I don't have enough fashion fabric to make Vogue 8934 when I started laying out the pattern pieces.  There is enough fabric to make a short coat, I will just have to decide on a pattern.  

Charity sewing projects are in the plans for the November sewing list and will likely be the first items to be sewn.  I've printed off the tuque pattern I used previously and plan to whip up some.   Maybe, I'll try my hand at making pompoms for the tuques?  I think there is some yarn somewhere in the stash.  We'll have to see how much time I have to search for yarn to accessorize the tuques.  And maybe some winter scarves if I can find enough appropriate fabric in the stash.  I would like to get the charity sewing done and delivered this coming week.  We'll see how that goes.  

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, October sure was a success! Tough act to follow. Thanks for the link for the tuque. I will add it to my collection!

    ReplyDelete

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...