Sunday 2 October 2022

Stash Busting: Tweed Pants / Vogue 9246

A couple of weeks ago I tried to sew this pattern, Vogue 9246.  I made these pants in the exact same fabric.  I just made them in a much larger size than I needed.  What I thought would be my size ended up being way off the mark.  So, I thought to give this pattern another try, in another size.  

I cut this pair in a size medium with an added 1/2" to the side seam.  They fit but they are fitted on me rather than "semi-fitted" as described on the pattern envelope.  The crotch length is perfect.  Maybe a size large with a medium crotch length would have a semi-fitted fit.  If I didn't add to the side seams this pair would not have fit.  

What I do love is the design of these front pleated pull-on pants and know that there will be another pair in the works soon.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.4 - 2.6 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  2 metres

Elastic:  0.7 metres


Pattern
:  Vogue 9246

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushion, fabric scissors, tailor's chalk, ruler, measuring tape, sewing machine, walking foot, hand sewing needle, threads, safety pins, serger, iron, ironing board and the radio playing in the background.  

Happy Sewing!



1 comment:

  1. The fabric is beautiful. The design is great and while I am not sure what the fit issue is I think what you added to the side seams is what I would call "fit insurance". If you don't need it just trim it back. What I learned from NancyZieman is to compare the ease you will have with what the pattern says the ease will be. The websites and pattern books all explain, in inches what particular "eases" mean. Hope this helps. I love the fabric and hope you can make this work next time.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...