Monday 19 September 2022

Stash Busting: Pants / Vogue 9246

I did spend some time over at Pattern Review doing some research on Vogue 9246 and by what I read in the reviews, I should have turned away from thoughts of sewing the fold-over front pants.  But I couldn't help myself and put my trust in God that I won't be wasting my time on this project and I will end up with a pair of pants that fit comfortably for the coming cooler temperatures.  

Since I have some tweed fabric that I scored for $3.99 / metre, ages ago (you don't see prices like that anymore), I thought I had nothing to lose.  Well, except a couple of metres of fabric.  So, with faith and fingers crossed I got to work.  

I really like this pattern for the pleated front pants.  I won't say that this pair is perfect, but it is wearable.  So, I'm going to call this a win.  According to my hip measurements I'm a XL.  This turned out to be not so.  There is a very generous amount of ease.  I think that I might be able to sew a size medium next time.  And these are high waisted, very high.  The crotch feels like it's sitting low much like the shorts I made this summer.  If I were to pull them up to a proper height for the crotch the waistband would sit at the lower bust level.  But I digress.  I am interested in comparing the crotch length on the medium size.  Thankfully, the front pleat hides the fact that the crotch sits so low.  What should have been below knee length ending up being above ankle length on me.  And I like the length.  It will be perfect with ankle length boots.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.4 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  2.2 metres

Elastic:  0.7 metres

PatternVogue 9246

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, fabric scissors, pins, pin cushion, measuring tape, tailor's chalk, ruler, sewing machine, serger, walking foot, threads, tweezers, hand sewing needle, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, measuring gauge and time, oh sweet precious time.  

Happy Sewing with a thankful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...