Sunday 9 October 2022

In Sewing News Today...

Happy Thanksgiving!  

Yup, in this part of the world it's the Thanksgiving weekend.  And if you listen to the news it is filled with doom and gloom stories of the high cost of food, global inflation and the great turkey shortage of 2022.  What happened to being thankful?  

Sure, food prices are eyebrow raising.  This just calls for some creativity.  And as sewists, we got creativity covered.  All thanks to God.  

I'm so thankful for the gifts that God has blessed my life with, from the ability to sew and being creative in the kitchen.  It wasn't a bumper crop in the garden this year, but we were blessed with squashes and enough tomatoes to make a pot of soup.  

All thanks to God.  

There was even enough butternut squash soup and Korean Carrot Salad to allow for sharing with another family this Thanksgiving weekend.  

All thanks to God.  

And that's what I want to focus my energy on, being thankful.  Period.  That's it.  Oh, and maybe sneaking in some more sewing time this weekend.  

Happy Sewing and Happy Thanksgiving Day to those celebrating this weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I wish you a lovely Thanksgiving. The naysayers need to just stop. Unfortunately, social media has given them the platform of their dreams and pays highly for their expression. I ignore but so many don't. I wake up every day, thankful to be alive. Nothing else can offer me the richness that awareness provides. I thank God for that, like you.

    ReplyDelete

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...