Friday 19 August 2022

Stash Busting: Reversible Girl's Dress / OOP Vogue 1455

I think the last time I made a little girls' dress with out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 1455 I claimed that I would be retiring this pattern.  Well, it's come out of retirement for this stash busting project.  

I forgot how much fun it is sewing this dress pattern.  I adore that it is a reversible dress even though it does take up a lot of fabric, I think it is cute.  I like the playful bubble hemline and the options to change the ribbons on this dress.  It's just a fun pattern with creative opportunities.  

All of the fabrics have been in the stash for years.  The blue floral sateen fabric was recently used for this little girls' dress and made its way into the stash approximately 2019.  The orange cotton contrast has been in the stash for about the same time, since 2019.  The strawberry print has been part of the stash since 2017 when I used part of the yardage for an apron.  And the other white contrast fabric has been in the stash since 2020 when I made this shirt.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.6 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  4.6 metres

Ribbon:  2.4 metres

Buttons:  4

Pattern:  OOP Vogue 1455

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, pin cushions, tailor's chalk, measuring tape, measuring gauge, sewing machine, buttonhole foot, regular presser foot, serger, threads, hand sewing needle, tailor's wax, iron, ironing board, screwdriver and tea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...