Friday 26 August 2022

In Sewing News Today...

According to this site, "Digital Lavender" will be the colour of 2023.  It's a close match to 2022's "Very Peri."  


I don't think there is any lavender or peri hues lurking in my fabric stash other than a purple cotton eyelet.  

There is no sewing mojo towards sewing the purple eyelet.  

Not yet anyway.  

Maybe in 2023?  

The sewing mojo is focused on practical sewing.  

Mostly mending.  

So much mending.  

Mostly the crotch curve on pajama bottoms and the armscye on pajama tops.   

They seem to be constant stress points.  

Perhaps, I should reconsider the amount of ease in these sections.  

Perhaps, a gusset?  

It's been so long since I sew a gusset into a garment.  

I could throw in an additional exercise routine or two to help with the fitting ease issue.  

Weight loss would certainly help with the amount of mending.  

Or start sewing knit pajama sets.  

But I digress...

We were talking about colour, right.  

Lately, in this part of the world grey has been a hot topic.  



You see Lisa Laflamme let her hair go to it's natural grey colour during the pandemic.  




On national television.  


Oh, the horror!  

That's sarcasm if you're a new reader.  


I applauded LaFlamme's decision to be her authentic self.  

And I think she looked polished and professional.  

I'm disgusted with Bell Media actions.  

And good on the people supporting LaFlamme and opening up a discussion on ageism in the workplace.  

It's long overdue.  

Well, I should get back to sewing.  


I'm off to cut out a new project in some brown and pink spec tweed.  


I honestly had no idea when I picked it up.  

Funny how things work out.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. Although I love rich colors, when a gray-haired friend of mine showed up in a gray outfit that closely matched her hair, I was struck with how lovely and elegant she looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend more ease in pjs. Many patterns like the Carolyn ones for an obvious example seem designed for glam Instagram photos instead of lying on the couch eating bonbons or sleeping, that's not conducive to longevity. Mine never pop a seam, yet some are paper-thin 10 year olds.

    ReplyDelete

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...