Sunday 21 August 2022

Stash Busting: Unlined Tweed Jacket / OOP Vogue 8430


This unlined and loose-fitting jacket will be perfect for the end of summer and moving into autumn.  It's made with out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 8430.  This project was an easy make.  I evened out the hem, left off the dart on the lower sleeve and roll hemmed the edges.  

The fabric is a cotton tweed.  It's not listed as one of the recommended fabrics for this pattern but I like the pattern design on this one.  I know that this fabric has been in my stash for many years because I purchased this one at Mitchel Fabrics when it was open.  It closed down in 2017.  And then I remembered that I made a jacket with Vogue 8916 and this fabric.  It turns out that this fabric entered the stash in 2014.  Yes, I've held onto some pieces for a long time.  It's nice to have finally stash-bust this one.  

Project Details

Seams:  2.6 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged interior, edges finished with a machine rolled hem

Fabric:  1.5 metres

Pattern:  OOP Vogue 8430

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, clapper for weights, pins, pin cushion, scissors, thread clippers, Janome sewing machine, regular presser foot, Janome serger, threads, iron, ironing board and chai tea and audio book.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

1 comment:

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...