Tuesday 24 August 2021

Matching Pajama Top: Butterick 6296

 


Sewing around here has been a s-s-s-l-l-l-l-o-o-w-w-w-w process.  Would you believe it took over two weeks to finish this top since sewing the matching pajama pants?  Free time has been on short supply lately.  


There is not much more to say about sewing this project that I haven't already said in previous makes using Butterick 6296.  I did shorten the hem length 1 1/2 inches from the last version.  And I added an extended back neck facing.  Otherwise, no new changes.  

The 100% cotton fabric is pure awesomeness and makes me feel happy.  These might not be the warmest pair of pj's I have but they are a current favourite.  The fabric was pre-treated before hitting the cutting table.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.2 to 2.8 straight stitch lengths

Seam Finish:  Serged

Fabric:  2.5 metres

Interfacing:  1 metres

Buttons:  4 - 5/8" recycled buttons

Pattern:  Butterick 6296

Additional Tools and Supplies:   Cutting table, pins, pin cushions, scissors, thread clippers, seam ripper, sewing machine, buttonhole foot, buttonhole cutter, cutting board, hammer, serger, threads, hand sewing needle, tailor's wax, thimble and coffee.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...