Wednesday 18 August 2021

Make Do and Mend: Extending the Life of Wool Socks

Well, I could replace my wool socks or mend them and put the money towards groceries and gasoline.  Since I'm not over the sticker shock of the price of buttons, let alone the price of celery, I opted to mend.  


I cut up a wool cardigan sweater that accidently shrunk over a year ago and made patches for the heels of my wool socks.  A little hand stitching while the sock was fitted over a light bulb and it was good as new.  I have a couple more pairs of socks that can use some TLC, hopefully over the weekend.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. The fun part is finding a lightbulb...luckily I saved a few after we replaced them all with twirly ones. Now the led bulbs are coming in shaped more like the old lightbulbs, us menders should be ok.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...