Wednesday 31 May 2017

May in Review...

Sewing:


My sewing focused on my Me-Made-May pledge to clean up my wardrobe of all those ill-fitting garments that were taking up room in my closet and drawers. I'm not a hoarder, so why am I holding onto these things? Oh, did that sound like denial? Oh yes, denial! There was that belief that I would lose weight and return to the size I was back-in-the-day.

Clockwise L to R:  Multi-coloured polyester knit top, Vogue 9057; yellow polyester top, Vogue 9057; burgundy cotton knit top, Vogue 9057; multi-coloured polyester knit top, Vogue 9057 (first muslined copy); digital print cotton top, Vogue 9057; graffiti print rayon/lycra top times 2 (second version not shown here), Vogue 9057; bias cut wool pants, OOP Vogue 8887.

There were tee-shirts labelled "small" but for some reason they were still hanging around [denial]. So my Me-Made-May quest was update my wardrobe with clothes that fit and that I can actually use. In the progress, Mama R became impressed with the Marcy Tilton top pattern as well and I ended up making more for her as I perfected the fit. I experimented with the polyester knits in my stash before I committed to cutting into the cotton knits. I'm ready now and there's actually a taupe cotton knit version on the cutting table so I will have something to go with this skirt which has been waiting for something to go with it.    


RTW & Fabric Fasts:

I don't think I picked up any fabric this month... no wait, there was a metre of printed linen on my last trip to Mitchell Fabrics. My bad. Oh and there was some lining fabric. Yeah, I failed at the Fabric Fast for the fifth consecutive month. I did well on the RTW fast though. It is getting easier now that my sewing skills are improving and I've found some good techniques to achieve the look I want out of my sewing projects. [singing the praises of Knit-N-Stitch and basting tape].


The Stats:


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month 
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape

2.72 metres
0
Bias Tape
0.5 metres
3.6 metres
0
Buttons

28
42
Chain

0
0
Cord Stopper

0
0
Elastic
8.3 metres
6 metres
Fabric
14.2 metres
62 metres
52.5 metres
Fusible Tape
19.46 metres
31.46 metres
6 rolls
Hand needles

2
0
Hook and Eyes

0
0
Interfacing

5.3 metres
6 metres
Lace trim
2.6 metres
0
Pattern (new)
2
11
11
Pattern (previously used--TNT)
6
14
0
Ribbon
1.1 metres
1.1 metres
1.1 metres
Serger needles

0
0
Serger thread
1
4
12
Sewing machine needles
1
3
0
Snaps

5
0
Thread
3
12
18
Trim
2 metres
7 metres
Velcro

0
0
Zipper
1
5
5



Happy Sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...