Thursday 3 May 2012

Burda Style #7517

This is my latest dress. I used Burda Style #7517, the easiest dress pattern ever.

The pattern has pleats and tucks on the front and back. I left the back plain, no tucks. I wasn't into drawing attention to my back end. But I do love how they make the front of the dress look.

I also left off the ribbon trim that wraps around the waist.

It has a boat neckline and facing pieces. The armhole is finished with topstitched bias-cut stripes.

The pattern calls for a zipper at the side seam. I was going to sew in the zipper when I realized that it will work as a pull-over dress. Sew, I thought why bother with adding a feature that wasn't necessary.  

The dress is super comfortable. I'm glad I left it a little loose in the back. I think this will work as a cute summer dress to kick around in.

The fabric is 100% polyester. I know it is not the coolest of summer-time fabrics but with the loose fitting style (and air-conditioning) I think it will work.



  

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty- how long is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern envelope says 23 3/4" (60 cm) from the waistline. I'm short so that works out being just below my knee.

      Delete
  2. This looks like the perfect marriage between pattern and fabric! I love what the pleats and tucks do with the vertical print! Very cool dress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...