Wednesday 2 May 2012

An Oldie But a Goodie

This is my favourite bathrobe.

Actually, it is my only bathrobe. I made it, using Simplicity 7417, many moons ago. It is something from my past that makes me feel good. The pattern is from 1996 and I think that is actually when I made it, there or about.

I also made a second one for my  sister-in-law.

I made the robes in a 100% cotton terry. It was a real mess to work with (it frayed little terry fluffs everywhere!). But I have to say the mess was worth it once I serged the seam allowances because this robe was built to last. I trimmed the inside of the hood with cotton white lace.

Anyway, I thought I would share an oldie but a goodie with you. If you can find the pattern, go for it, it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...