Friday 25 May 2012

My Sewing Mojo has Gone into Hiding!

I was so excited about participating in the Pattern Review Best Pattern contest. I had the fabric all picked out and big plans to lengthen the skirt pattern and sew both the skirt and top.

I had picked out a rich green hue in a cotton sateen for the skirt and a multi-coloured polyester for the top.

Now that I'm just about caught up on my sewing projects, nothing. The excitement is all gone.

I still love the fabric I chose and I still want to work on this pattern. But my sewing mojo has gone into hiding.

I'm just not feeling it.

I still have the hem to finish on my niece's dress. But no sewing mojo to get it done.

Oh and there are those RTW pants that are sitting here waiting for my sewing mojo to return. Also not done.  

I think I'm just feeling sewing burn-out. Could that be it? Could my sewing mojo be hiding until I get up and stretch and take a break.

Maybe that is what I need, a weekend to read Jose Saramago's Manual of Painting and Calligraphy that I recently picked up. It has been a while since I sat down to read a good book.

How about you, have you read any good books lately? Or has your sewing mojo been keeping you busy?

1 comment:

  1. its normal to feel like this. Best way its to just take a sewing off holiday and let yourself miss it. the more you feel pressure to do it less it will be a pleasure

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...