Sunday 4 November 2012

Oh my goodness!

This pattern, McCall's 8823, has to be one of my favourite dress patterns of sewing years past. It is a Lida Baday design, circa 1997.

It is an unlined pullover dress with a mock back wrap. I made it in a black silk and cotton blend. And it received a lot of wear. It was one comfortable dress.

It has been many moons since I was a size 6 but I've had a difficult time parting with this pattern. It has always been in my plans to try and grade this pattern up several sizes.

Yikes, four sizes up. I did mention it was many moons ago, right? Yup, I am now a size 14. Don't ask me when that happened. All I know it was sometime from many moons ago to now. And I'm good with it, I have no desire to be a size 6 again. I do, however, want to add this dress into my wardrobe again.

Sew, you'll never guess what I stumbled across this evening. Oh my goodness, yes! I found this McCall's pattern in my (current) size over at Etsy. Of course, I ordered it right away. I can't wait for it to get here.

1 comment:

  1. I love that shape. This is going to be another lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...