Thursday 30 June 2022

June in Review...

Sewing


Bags, pajamas and mending is the sewing that happened this month.  All practical sewing projects.  It felt good to add this items into the rotation.  The pajama set (Butterick 6296 and OOP Vogue 9217) and the yellow grocery bags (OOP McCall's 4851) were personal items and the silver bag (self-drafted) was a charity / gift project.  Sadly, the silver bag was only used for a short time and then discarded.  I'll have to rethink the design and edit.  

Stash Busting

This month 7.5 metres of fabric, 4 metres handbag straps, 5 buttons, 1 metre elastic and 2 spools of thread were stash-busted this month.  

Possible Future Plans

This fabric is sitting on my work table as I try to decide what it will be turned into.  I turned to you for help and between the comments via found on the blog and Instagram, it's a tie between the DVF wrap dress or another pajama set.  Thank you for your help, I leaning towards the wrap dress.  

A denim jacket is still on my wish list.  I've been wearing the unfinished version in the cooler days earlier this spring.  I would like to dust off my vintage Brother sewing machine and see if I could finish top-stitching the cuffs.  


And then I would like to give another jean jacket pattern a try, OOP McCall's 5191.  There is some left over black denim in the stash that might be enough yardage to try out this pattern.  


I've been inspired by I'm always inspired by Maria's (Finishedseams) creations.  And lately, she's been sewing some beautiful versions of Issey Miyake designs previously available in Vogue patterns.  One of her latest creation posted to Instagram and PatternReview was out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 1204 that she shortened eight inches.  It's gorgeous!  Of course, I'm partial to anything with pin tucks and seeing her version shortened eight inches and her pattern review that the pattern ease is generous makes me consider this make even though my copy only goes up to a size 12.  

We'll see if there is enough time to get to these want-to-sew patterns next month.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...