Saturday 29 February 2020

February in Review

This month was all about self-care and the journey of finding a tried and true (TNT) shirt pattern.

Clockwise Top L to R:  Red and white maple leaf print shirt, Butterick 6325; grids and dots shirt, Vogue 1678; pin-tucked shirt; Butterick 6026 and Vogue 1503

I did manage to sew three shirts this month. Two of the three are perfectly wonderful but the white pin-tucked shirt is a wee bit snug around the mid-section when I sit down. This unfortunate fact makes it an uncomfortable item to wear at the moment. Hence, the self-care aspect of the month filled with sit ups and other various exercises to see if I can fix this fitting issue.

This month I can report that no new fabrics or notions entered the stash. However, I just couldn't resist Vogue 1678. Even though I did add one more pattern to the collection, it has already been sewn and it's a pattern I plan to revisit with some white linen. So, I'm not feeling overly guilty about picking up this pattern.
Talking about patterns, I did spot this Assembly Line pattern.


It's basically the skirt portion of the Tulip dress I make last month.


No need to pick up the Tulip skirt pattern since I can just draft a waistband and use the dress pattern for the remaining skirt pieces. This will be on my March wish-to-make list.

The following supplies were destashed during the month of February:
  • 7.2 metres of fabric
  • 26 buttons
  • 1.8 metres fusible interfacing
  • 4 sewing patterns were used
  • 3 sewing machine / serger needles
Earlier this week, with Ash Wednesday, came the start of Lent and there is a Lenten Sewing project in the works. I'm going to keep it under wraps for now and see how things turn out. I hope to have more to share later if all goes according to plan.  

Until then,

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...