Friday 14 February 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day! There is no Valentine's day sewing project on the table, just festive wishes. Oh and a poem.  

Love is in the air
So is the flu
Wash you hands
It's the kind thing to do!

I'm only partly kidding. I'm getting over the nastiest flu and sinus infection. If you love someone, if you love yourself, wash your hands. Often. Handwashing is not going to harm you or others but not doing it just might.  

Okay, I'm jumping off my soap box and onto sewing related news.  Thanks for listening to my Valentine's Day plea.  

I fell off the "no sewing patterns" pledge this month. This pattern, Vogue 1678, arrived earlier today. The perfect Valentine's gift (besides hand washing). 


I have to say that I really do like the new look of the Vogue envelopes. The line drawings on the back are bigger as well. And this design! Smitten for sure. I can't wait to get to work on view A, maybe this weekend.  Right now there is another project that I like to work on this long weekend. I'm actually off until Wednesday. Squeal! The sewing room might actually see a flurry of activity.  

In other sewing news, I've been asked if I could take someone's measurements for a bridal dress. Even though taking body measurements isn't new to me, taking measurements for bridal wear is absolutely new to me. I've been doing some online research on the topic. The Last Minute Bride has a checklist for brides that I'll follow for measuring the bust, hips, natural waist, hollow to hem and dress only. Do you have any tips or suggestions on measuring for bridal wear?  

On that note, I should get back to celebrating Valentine's Day spending my time with the hobby I love.  

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. No hints on bridal wear measurements, but I love that pattern.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that "hollow to hem" term is a new one for me. I guess I'll just follow the checklist from the website and hope for the best. The Vogue 1678 pattern is the next one on the cutting table. I'll just have to decide on the fabric and clean up the table from the last project. God Bless!

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...