Monday 28 August 2017

In Sewing News Today...

Good morning lovely people! I'm in the most amazing mood because the leaves are starting to fall off the trees and that is a sure-tell-all sign that autumn is fast approaching. I love autumn and the idea of fall sewing. And the fabric stores are starting to fill their shelves with fall fabrics. 

Polyester knit fabric I couldn't resist.  Source:  Fabricland 
  
Lots of polyester which doesn't necessarily make me happy because I'd rather have a natural fibre wardrobe and polyester doesn't do a great job at keeping me warm on those cooler days fast approaching. I will admit that I did pick up a piece just because of the lovely paisley design. I'm a sucker for a paisley. I did however resist the beautiful rose printed scuba knit, recalling the sewing and wear challenges from the last time I sewed with those knits. And to tell the truth I have enough to sew as I did stock up on lots of lovely wool suiting pieces when Mitchell Fabrics closed.  

I've been thinking about what charity sewing I want to do this year and while going though my fabric stash I realized that I have quite a bit of wool coating fabric. I'm going to dig out my copy of Vogue 9219 and make a couple of little girl coats for Koats for Kids, a local charity that supplies warm winter clothes to kids.  

Their website states that they are in need of girls and boys coats sizes 4 to 10. I think that I can dig through my extensive collection of winter hats and gloves to donate some of those items now that I'm no longer working as a TA in the school system. I used to carry around extra gloves and mitts during recess duties for the kids that came to school without or were wearing ones that were soaked from playing in the snow. Well, now that I've got some plans in place for some cool weather sewing, I should get to work gathering all the supplies. 

Well, that's all in sewing news today.  

Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...