Monday 2 May 2016

Monday's Mending Pile

I will admit, my toes just can't take it anymore. Oh the memories of walking and running around in heels. Feeling taller than my five foot, half inch frame where the view was spectacular on top of my heels. If only I had the wisdom in my youth to be kinder to my tootsies, I could have saved fabric with a shorter pant length, loads of coin spent on epson salts and time recovering from hours on top of my heels. Now that I'm older and wiser, I'm appreciating the view from my intended view point in comfortable footwear.  
And so this is how these pants ended up on the mending pile. It is my black wool version of an Anne Klein design, Vogue 1312. I originally hemmed these to wear with a red wedge shoe.  


Now, I want need to wear them with flats and I re-hemmed them with a cuff. I have to admit that I love the way this looks. Vogue 1312 is the perfect pant pattern for a cuffed leg.

Happy Mending! And be kind to your feet.  


1 comment:

  1. LOL, I think one of the benefits of being tall - 5' 10" myself and my daughter is 5' 11" is that we are truly not enticed to wear high heel shoes, ever. Downside - there are some seriously cute high-heeled shoes out there that we will never wear, and finding dress shoes without at least a 2" heel requires some searching.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...