Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Peplum Sweater

Stash busting 2014:  The Peplum Sweater

Fabric:    1.5 metres of mystery fabric.

Thread:   Finished off two spools of thread.


This is the second time I broke out McCall's 6844. The first time I make this pattern I made view A and it came out fine. There was the issue with the shoulder length that I adjusted but that was it, an easy fix.

I forgot to make a shoulder adjustment on this one so I just trimmed off a bit between the notches and up and over the shoulder curve.

This time around I made view C the shorter peplum sweater. The peplum is longer in the back and to be completely honest I felt like a penguin with it on. But not as cute.

That is when the the sweater ended back on the cutting table to even out the hemline. I'm short and I really could have shortened the bodice a wee bit too. But all-in-all this sweater will work as a light-weight option for the summer.

The fabric has been in my stash for ages. I've been holding onto this bargain priced fabric because I had no idea what to make out of it. It is a light-weight mystery fabric, no clue what the fibre content is but I am quite certain is it a laboratory produced product. Not my usual taste in fabric but I was drawn to the colours. It was perfect for a muslin and with fingers crossed I pieced this together with hopes that it will be a wearable muslin.


And it is! It has been quite warm lately and this will be perfect for those warm workdays spent in the air-conditioning.

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy National Sewing Machine Day!

Oh yes, the sewing machine.  Our much loved tool we use in our creative lives.  But did you know that this machine hasn't always bro...