Thursday, 1 May 2014

Me-Made-May 2014


Ah, the start of Me-Made-May '14.  

Last year I failed at documenting my me-made wardrobe. So this year I plan on keeping it simple. Maybe an end-of-the-week recap will be more manageable. Wearing me-made items is not really a challenge for me because I basically wear me-made items every day.  

Sew, my challenge for the month is to focus on someone other than me. For the month of May my sewing projects will be for others. I still have the baby onsies to finish that I wanted to complete as my Lenten sewing project. There is a shirt for my brother that is cut out waiting in my sewing drawer to be stitched together. And Mama R has some items on her wish list too. 

That's my Me-Made-May '14 challenge, to finish off all the projects for others. How about you? Are you planning on participating on this year's Me-Made-May festivities?  

I, Graca of Sew Essentially Sew http://sewessentiallysew.blogspot.ca, sign up to participate in Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear me-made items each day. I can't promise that I will post photographic evidence of every me-made item I wear, you'll just have to take my word for it. And to make me feel less selfish or guilty about my me-made wardrobe I will challenge myself to focus on sewing for others. 

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the photographic evidence. It the third day and I despise having my picture taken. Hubby managed to take two pictures today. The best of my outfit had the strangest look on my face. The second was just horrible. I really need to find my remote for my good camera!
    I also have some sewing for others. I plan to make a couple baby outfits to donate, but they keep getting put off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to upgrade my camera, one that will work with a wireless remote. Do you mind me asking which camera you have? I'm torn between the Nikon or Canon.

    I have baby outfits on my list of things to do too. I finally found some cute cotton knit prints. I just have to cut them out and sew them up.

    ReplyDelete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...