Saturday, 31 May 2014

Me-Made-May '14: The Final Week

I did it!  I managed to participate and survive Me-made-May '14. Quite the learning experience where I learned that I need to make more undergarments. The ratio of me-made to ready-to-wear leans more heavily on the ready-to-wear side but I'm sure that will change as time goes on especially since I'm on a RTW Fast this year and I've come to appreciate my sewing skills more than I did prior to this journey.  Well, here is how the final me-made week played out.  

Sunday, May 25th

Me-Made Items:  3
Beige spring coat out-of-print Burda 7304, navy skirt Vogue 1247 and flannel nightshirt out-of-print McCall's 8525.


Ready-to-wear Items:  8
Black and taupe knit dress, cropped black sweater, white tee-shirt, blue and white jacket, pj bottoms, tee-shirt and undergarments.

Accessories:  
Taupe wedge heeled shoes (church shoes), black mephistos (outdoor shoes), beige mephistos (garden/yard work shoes), black birkenstocks (indoor shoes) and cream and blue Coach handbag.

Monday, May 26th

Me-Made Items:  
Ready-to-wear Items:  
White tee-shirt, blue and white jacket, taupe panty-hose and undergarments.

Accessories:  
Yellow wedged shoes (outdoor and work shoes), black birkenstocks (indoor shoes) and blue and cream coloured Coach bag.  

Tuesday, May 27th

Me-Made Items:  2
Pink striped skirt out-of-print Vogue 2885, flannel nightshirt McCall's 8525.


Ready-to-wear Items:  
Floral pink shirt and undergarments.

Accessories:  
Black mephistos (outdoor and work shoes), black birkenstocks (indoor shoes) and floral leather handbag.  

Wednesday, May 28th

Me-Made Items:  2
Black light-weight wool pants Vogue 1325 and black and white cotton top/jacket Butterick 5891.


Ready-to-wear Items:  4
Wool socks, night gown and undergarments.

Accessories:  
Black mephistos (outdoor and work shoes) and floral leather handbag.  

Thursday, May 29th

Me-Made Items:  1
Ready-to-wear Items:  5
Cream coloured short sleeve sweater, jean jacket, night gown and undergarments.

Accessories:  
Burgandy mephistos (outdoor and work shoes), black birkenstocks (outdoor shoes) and floral leather handbag.  

Friday, May 30th

Me-Made Items:  2
Floral dress out-of-print McCall's 9264 and nightshirt out-of-print McCall's 8525.


Ready-to-wear Items:  3
Black sweater and undergarments.

Accessories:  
Black mephistos (outdoor and work shoes), sunglasses and leather floral handbag.  

Satuday, May 31st

Me-Made Items:  1
Purple floral skirt Vogue 1247.


Ready-to-wear Items:  3
Beige tee-shirt and undergarments.

Accessories:  
Floral leather handbag, sunglasses, burgandy mephistos (outdoor shoes) and black birkenstocks (indoor shoes).  


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The hardest part (for me) of Me-made-May is taking photos in the outfits, this was a easier way to participate.

      Delete

Sunday's Mending Pile

During the seasonal wardrobe changeover, I've been pulling out the jumpers (sweaters) and making sure they are ready to go when the cool...