Sunday, 23 February 2014

Decisions, Decisions! Bold and Beautiful Buttons

I am making this jacket again. It is Vogue 1263, a Donna Karan design. I should correct that statement: I'm making this jacket right after I finish my Sybil Connolly dress.


I would really like to put a large button onto the latest version of this jacket. And I spent this week looking for a large button that I wanted to use. I found it but I also found another large button that I think just might work better with my fabric. Hmmm... 


Which button do you think I should use? I like them both which is making it a tough decision.     


5 comments:

  1. Oooh. I think I would need to see them paired with the jacket. Cute buttons though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the fabric underneath them? If so I think the big rectangle would look great but either would look good really. Good for you for making an off white jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I like the rectangle button best, do you have a pic with the fabric and buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the photo of the buttons has the cream coloured fabric underneath it. I love the thought of making a off-white/cream coloured jacket but if you saw how dirty my car is right now you would think I was off my rocker. It is too cold to take it to the car wash. Maybe, fingers crossed, it will warm up so I can clean the car by the time I have this project done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the rectangle button the best also. It's such an interesting size and shape.

    ReplyDelete

Neckline Fitting Issues

Vogue 9237 presented some neckline fitting issues. It may be the changes that I made to the pattern that has contributed to the I-feel-lik...