Saturday, 1 February 2014

In Sewing News Today...

There hasn't been much sewing. Instead, I have been using my seam ripper. I'm making a dress, this dress.


Foolishly, I decided to make this dress without sewing a muslin first. I should have made a muslin version first because then I would have remembered these hips and the fact that there might not be enough ease in that area. This is a tough lesson for me to learn. I just wanted to sew.  

Luckily, I was able to remove the stitching and replace it with the narrowest seam allowance possible on the back, side and front seams. It worked. And that was a close call. 

Happy Sewing!  




1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful pattern! I am sorry you had to adjust, I hate when that happens to me too. It is always the day when you just want to knock out a pattern when everything throws you for a loop.

    ReplyDelete

What The Fudge, Nike and Converse

I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news.  If you want to read about it, here is a li...