Wednesday 15 January 2014

Happy National Hat Day!


According to Sydney Tumshek, National Hat Day started in the 1920s as a way to get men to start planning their spring hats. Whenever and however, this unofficial holiday came into being, it was likely a welcome boast to the local milliner peddling their creations.

Today, in my corner of the world, the toque rules the day. Although, I will admit that I do like wearing a good-looking beanie (anything to keep the ears warm in this weather). And I wouldn't mind sewing up a vintage style hat from Simplicity 1736 for when the weather warms up. How about you, have you made hats or want to?

Happy Sewing Hat Day!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, those are lovely hats! I have been inspired by Sew Busy Lizzie (www.sewbusylizzy.com) and her recent hat experiments - so I am also going on a hat making foray!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Can't wait to see what the final product!

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...