Not much sewing...
I'm still in post-op recovery mode and following instructions to keep my leg straight and do the straight leg physio exercises. Let's say that I'm more than restless and starting to suffer from cabin fever. Yup, I'm restless in the sewing room.
Later this morning I have my second post-op appointment, fingers are crossed that the bandages will come off and replaced with some good news.
On the up side it has made my first week on the Ready-To-Wear fast quite easy. I have not purchased a single item and to top it off I haven't even step into a mall. Check me out!
Joking aside, I'm thrilled to be part of this challenge. There is a facebook page for all the fasters and it is quite interesting to read what has motivated them to fast and what everyone is working on. Sarah said that there are over 200 peeps who signed up and it appears that each continent is represented. How cool is that? A real global movement.
I'm also going to fast from the permitted items too. I don't need any shoes, socks or tights. And underwear--well, I would really like to make my own. I'll see how that goes.
I will admit that I do have three ready-to-wear items that I purchased over a month ago. All three items still have the price tags on them and it just doesn't seem right to hold onto them. Sew, I've decided to return them when I'm able to get out-and-about. One is a Rachel Roy peplum top that I absolutely adore, I'm going to try and copy it before I take it back. It is made out of a double knit and has no front darts or princess seams. It should be an easy item to reproduce. The other item is a cardigan sweater with much-too-long sleeves. I'm going to replace it with a me-made cardigan using McCall's 6844 which I've been reading rave review about. And the third item is a sleeveless turtleneck sweater that I don't need to replace with a sewn item. I only picked it up because it was on sale. My bad. I'll feel better when I return these items.
Since I haven't been able to do much sewing I've been able to get my sewing fix by tackling that mountain of a mending pile. I've been mostly replacing buttons and hand-stitching holes but at least it is helping to pass the time.
I've also been organizing. I've tidied up the sewing drawers where I store my cut projects and put the pattern envelopes in protective plastic sleeves.
I can't wait to get back to work and sewing these up (hopefully soon).
And in other sewing news, there are just two days before the Pattern Give-away winner is announced. Did you enter?
Well, that is all in sewing news today.
I made another Eva dress and this time I incorporated the seam allowance error of the first one into this project. The additional width o...
If you follow on instagram you already know that I'm coloured impressed by the amazing service I received from Tessuti Fabrics. ...
But my goodness, is it ever comfortable. So, I'm good with it. Late last night when I couldn't sleep because I was coughin...
This is my first project using Tessuti patterns and I'm even more impressed with how it turned out than I was when the patterns arrived...
This is the second version of Butterick 6026 and I'm really pleased with how this version turned out. The pin tucks stand out in a sol...
I stopped in at Marshall / Northwest Fabrics and was surprised when I came across this, picot elastic! There's an assortment of ...