Monday, 15 April 2013

Make Do & Mend

Make Do and Mend:  Project # 2

My mending pile is getting out of hand. Boy, I wish I lived in San Francisco sew I could take advantage of the free mending library.

Right now I have thirteen items to mend and alter not including the vestment for the parish priest. Yikes, I don't know how that managed to grow that big.

Since I had an epic fail day sewing yesterday, I thought it might be a good time to tackle some mending projects.

Make Do & Mend project # 2 is a ready-to-wear cotton plaid shirt.

I thought this shirt was pretty cool back in the day. It ended up in the mending pile because I felt the puffed sleeves looked dated.

I removed the topstitching, then the stitching and cut away at the serged edge. I re-serged the edge and did a narrow hem on the sewing machine.  Done.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What The Fudge, Nike and Converse

I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news.  If you want to read about it, here is a li...