Sunday, 25 March 2012

Spring/Summer Top of my Wardrobe Wish List.

I've been thinking about what I need in my wardrobe and the one thing that I find lacking is some tops (blouses, tunics and shirts) that fit well. The biggest reason that I have for sewing tops is that most RTW clothes if they fit me in the body fail to fit in the arm length. Something that would be appropriate for work too.  

I have enough green raw silk to make this tunic, Vogue 8791. It is a semi-fitted faux wrap, pullover top.

Part of me would like to make it with long sleeves, but somehow I think the short sleeves might win out.

I think it would be lovely with the white stretch cotton sateen skirt, Vogue 2885, that I have hanging in my closet.
I love the neckline darts and shoulder tuck details found in this blouse pattern as much as I love the bright colours in this fabric.

I haven't tried the pattern out yet. Doobee gave it the stamp of approval. But over at patternreview someone mentioned some fitting issues.

I don't want to chance any fitting issues before cutting into this fabric sew I'm going to make a muslin for this one first.

I found this over at anthropologie and I just love the lines, colour blocking and front drape.

This is a drafting project that I would mind tackling sometime.

I would even colour block it, perhaps in orange and indigio raw silk. Oh wait, I've challenged myself to shop from my fabric stash. Hmmm...



This blouse pattern, Vogue 2789, has been in my stash for some time. I've made it many moons ago and still have it in my closet.

Despite gaining a few more than a few pounds since then, I am still able to wear it. No, it does not have a generous amount of ease, I actually opened up the side seams and added a panel to extend its life. I would love to re-size this pattern and make it work.

Maybe I'll make it in this Swiss Dot fabric or a sunny yellow cotton once I grade the pattern up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Sewing News Today...

Sewing blooper #... actually, I lost count. I cut out a couple of pairs of panties using left over knit from this top . The plan was ...