Monday, 5 March 2012

New Fabric, Patterns and Snaps! (or sneak peak at Summer projects)


I found this 100% linen at Fabricland for 50% off. And look it matches my glasses! That was totally accidental.

I would love to make a dress with the bow feature from Pattern Magic. Kirstin made this dress which can be found over at sew very prairie using Pattern Magic. And she did an amazing job on the dress. Her dress is also a linen and the bow has a nice structure. I'm in the process of cleaning up all my projects hoping to get the drafting of this pattern.



I totally fell in love with this fabric when I walked into the store. Yellow is my happy colour, so how could I resist this print? I couldn't. I'm thinking that it would be a cute blouse for work. I'm planning on using Butterick 5365 for the job. And I picked up some yellow buttons to match.


This tunic, Vogue 8791, is one of the new Vogue patterns that came out recently. And I could use more tops. I thought it would look nice in this green coloured raw silk, some colour for the summer wardrobe.


I've had Vogue 1248 in my pattern stash since last summer.

Over the winter I found a navy blue 100% cotton sateen in the sale section at 70% off, yea! At that price I picked up eight metres of the navy sateen fabric. I have enough to make this AKO skirt and this Donna Karan dress.

For the top I'm going to use the pink 100% cotton fabric that has been in my stash for decades. I'm a wee bit short of the pink fabric so the plan is to insert a navy blue middle collar (the top has three collars). And the snaps, I picked out blue ones for this project.

But first I still have to finish off a few projects in my sewing drawer. Oh and fabric shopping this week for the Very Important Dress. Sew much to do!

Happy Sewing!





2 comments:

  1. I love all of your fabric choices, especially the orange :) I'm excited to see all of your Summer projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get to work on them. One big project to get out of the way and a huge pile of mending. Soon, I hope.

      Delete

Some Mistakes Are Worth Repeating...

I made another Eva dress and this time I incorporated the seam allowance error of the first one into this project. The additional width o...