Another mending Monday--a portion of the day devoted to examination of existing garments, sewing up broken seams, reattaching or securing loose buttons, re-stitching fallen hems and adjusting fit of pieces that still have some life in them.
There hasn't been a whole lot of new sewing projects hitting the sewing machine lately, even though there are cut projects sitting on the side and thoughts of new projects floating around.
First up are these black wool knit Palazzo pants that were made back in March. I thought to leave the hem unfinished but they made it to the mending pile to take 5/8" off the left leg and hem them with a half inch cover stitched hem.
Next up was a pajama top that was missing a button. I misplaced the orange button that fell off and just went with whatever I could find in the stash that matched the size of the buttonhole. I'm good with the mismatched button.
And then this decade old dress hit the mending pile. It has held up well over the years and only ended up on the mending pile because the a section of the blind hem was coming down. The request was made for a top-stitched hem.
Next up is to take a look at the stitch length inconsistency that is happening with my Janome 4120 QDC sewing machine. This is how a 3.0 stitch length is coming out, something is off. The machine might need some TLC as well.
Stand strong, elbows up and keep sewing.



No comments:
Post a Comment