Tuesday 28 December 2021

It's All About the Fit: OOP McCall's 4851

The Assembly Line's Box pleat dress pattern is a lovely design.  The only problem with this project is the fit.  The dress pattern runs large extra large.  Huge.  Enormous actually.  The bust darts did not hit the right spot and they were too low.  I only wore this dress a few times because I made it in a fabric I love.  So, since the fit wasn't right and I didn't feel good wearing it because of the fit, I had to come up with another plan for the fabric.  


 And this is what I came up with, another reusable grocery bag made with out-of-print (OOP) McCall's 4851.  

There was enough room to cut one piece of the bag from the front.  That's all I needed to know before I took the dress apart.  The back with the very generous size pleat I wasn't concern about.  


It was an easy project to whip up once I figured out there was enough fabric to make it work.  The straps are grosgrain ribbon.   

Project Details

Seams:  2.6 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

FabricUpcycled dress

Ribbon:  1.2 metres

Pattern:  OOP McCall's 4851

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Scissors, pins, iron, ironing board, sewing machine, serger, threads and coffee.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing.

1 comment:

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...