Thursday 30 December 2021

Sewing Room Lessons: The 2021 Edition

Even though there was some good work that came off the sewing machine, the year did present some sewing lessons. 

Take to the time to do some research.  If I took the time to read some reviews on TAL's Box pleat dress pattern I could have saved myself some time and fabric. This leads into another lesson that I forgot, it's wise to sew a toile first.  

It might look like I'm being frugal (I am) but patchwork is actually a trend.  

It's good to change perspectives so that you don't kick yourself for something that might appear to be a sewing blooper to others.  Gender placement for buttons and buttonholes are outdated.  Go ahead and be a rule breaker even if it's unintentional.  

Saving scraps can come in handy for unexpected mending emergencies during the lifetime of a sewing project.  

Stay safe and keep sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...