Wednesday 22 December 2021

In Sewing News Today...

I took a break from Christmas sewing projects.  


Yup, it's a tradition, all this last minute Christmas sewing.  I need to take care of some mending first.  That might be actually fall under the definition of procraftination.  

I've upgraded my tuque this year to reflect the pandemic lifestyle we're currently living.  


I can't take credit for this genius idea, it is borrowed from photos of healthcare workers' scrub caps.  This will make getting a face mask on easily so that it doesn't get tangled with my glasses.  I have one more tuque that I would like to upgrade this way.  

In other sewing news, this happened sometime a couple of weeks ago.  I discovered this small hole in one of my favourite merino wool sweaters after hand washing it and laying it out to dry.  It's a good thing that I've taken a liking to visible mending lately.  


I don't wear it often, when I do, it actually goes perfectly with this skirt.  So, it kind of hurt a wee bit when I discovered this hole.  Thankfully, I have some shrunken knit sweaters that could help out in this situation.  


I sewed the hole close before laying the "patch" on top and stitching around it.  I'm good with this fix and I'm sure that I will get a few more wears (fingers crossed) from this sweater.  

Well, that's all in sewing news today.  

Stay safe and happy sewing!


1 comment:

  1. I think your visible mending looks great. I know merino wool is wonderful but it makes these holes so very easily. I see reports of this over and over and at the price it costs I haven't entered the merino game. I do make a habit of searching out cashmere at my local thrift shops which I find wears very well and it so lovely to wear as well. I have several sweaters and have yet to pay over 3.00 for a sweater. They wash beautifully the way I care for them and last and last. Again, very nice work. Visible mending is such fun.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...