Wednesday 29 December 2021

My Favourite Makes of 2021

This list is in no particular order.  


Homemade coffee filters.  This simple and quick project made it to the favourite makes of 2021 because I'm not throwing out disposable coffee filters anymore.  

Burda 8848, a shoulder seam zipper extends into the turtleneck collar.  Even though this dress doesn't have pockets, it is so comfortable.  

The toile version of Burda 8848 is made in a sweatshirt fabric making this one of the most cozy pieces I could reach for during the winter months.  

Turtleneck dresses are my favourite to wear and this one is made out of a wool jersey.  This fabric makes this dress a fav from all my turtleneck dresses.  It is made with out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 8939.  


Simplicity 2372 is another true and trusted (TNT) pattern and again, it's all about the fabric.  A printed sateen stretch that has been in the stash for many years.  



This pajama set has to be my all-time favourite pajama make, again it's all about the fabric.  The colours are another reason this made it to the favourite list.  The pajama top is Butterick 6296 and the bottoms are OOP Vogue 9217.

My favourite list consists of mostly tried and trusted patterns that were revisited.  Except for the Burda turtleneck pattern, Burda International 8848, a new-to-me Etsy find.  I'm guessing is from the late 1990s or early 21st century.  Interestingly, no 2021 pattern releases made it to the favourite list.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...