Saturday 3 April 2021

Easter Dress: OOP McCall's 8548

 

Goodness, I don't know where to begin with this project.  Hmm, let's start with the pattern. This little dress was created with out-of-print (OOP) McCall's 8548. Back-in-the-day, I had a copy of this pattern and made a little floral dress for my niece. That was a life time ago. This is a new-ish copy found at a second hand shop.  

It was with a sense of nostalgia that it made it back to the cutting table. The same can be said about the fabric. The ribbon decorated cotton was in my stash for a long time before I cut it into a skirt. Years later, it doesn't fit and it ended up on the cutting table as a refashion project. The bodice, sleeves and undercollar were cut from another green cotton from my stash.  


Project Details

Seams:  2.4 straight seam length, 4.0 gathering stitch length

Seam Finish:  Serged

Fabric:  Recycled skirt and 0.5 metres 

Interfacing:  1 metre fusible

Buttons:  7 - 3/4" buttons

Pattern:  OOP McCall's 8548

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, pin cushions, seam ripper, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, sewing machine, walking foot, buttonhole foot, serger, screwdriver, threads (finished off 100 m spool), cutting board, buttonhole cutter, hammer and tea.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty dress that will be cherished for years to come ... FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...