Sunday 14 March 2021

In Sewing News Today...

This weekend's sewing was all about mending and scrub caps.  

There was enough black and white print fabric left over from this project to cut the top of the cap and one of the bands. The facing band piece was cut from left over from this shirt project. 


I'm not sure how I overlooked this leftover piece of fabric from this dress project. There was enough length to cut out the two band pieces. These two scrub caps will be added to the box and sent off tomorrow.  

This past week there has been a lot of media reflection on the year living through the pandemic. It feels too soon for reflection as we're still living through it and there are still concerning Covid trends, deaths and positive cases appearing every day. 

The only thing that I'm willing to reflect on this week is how grateful I am for the sewing ability, supplies and tools that kept me busy during this past year. Sewing scrub caps and face masks for others has been a welcome distraction during the challenging times we find ourselves living through. Even though my sewing mojo took a hit, I'm glad I had this to keep my hands busy.  

Slowly, my sewing mojo is coming back. I'm finding myself thinking about projects that I would like to work on next.  


We'll see how this turns out. I'm not willing to put a timeline on when I hope to complete these projects. I'm just taking sewing as a welcome distraction from what's going on with the pandemic. Until then, stay safe and happy sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...