Sunday 21 March 2021

In Sewing News Today...

All is quiet at the sewing machine. I think I'm traumatized by the Vogue release of this pattern in their new Spring line.  


What the heck is that, Vogue?  Besides being scary.  Apparently, they didn't read Globe and Mail's On Trend piece a couple of weeks ago that read, "as fashion adapts to a more casual and cautious world, the list of must-haves for spring 2021 are appropriately subtle" (Pizzimenti, P4). I guess Vogue Patterns outlook for Spring 2021 is go big or stay home.  

The only Vogue pattern that I like from this collection is the Marcy Tilton pattern, Vogue 1784, but then it reminds me of some previous Marcy Tilton top patterns. 

Only mending has been happening of late. And replacing elastic on some face masks.

Well, that's all in sewing news today.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  

7 comments:

  1. That is not an appealing dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha...I'll stay home, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone else hearing the theme song from Dallas (1980s TV show) ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somebody misses the 80's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, who's calling the shots at Vogue? Not only is this ugly, but it's another dress! Who is wearing all of these dresses, anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is truly horrible. It doesn't even have the excuse of being inspired by a period movie. Just, wow, go away. 1784 is just recycled Marcy T. and does not inspire me at all. I am feeling this is the result of new ownership.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...