Wednesday 5 August 2020

In Sewing News Today...

I think I'm hooked.  

There's currently 2.1 metres of denim being laundered in preparation for another pair of jeans.  

The turnover on a project from toile to willing to cut into a precious fabric has never been this quick.  

Who knew that making jeans would be what kick-started my sewing mojo?  

I haven't been able to stop wearing the white jeans since I made them.  

They're that comfortable.  

And I can't wait to get started on the next pair.  

I heard that you should pre-wash denim three times before cutting it to make sure there no more risk of shrinkage.  

That's what I'm doing.  

In the meantime, there is more mask making projects in the works.  

Ontario was the first province in Canada to mandate mandatory face masks for grades 4 to 12 students returning to classes next month.  

Alberta announced the same measures yesterday.  

Fingers are crossed that Manitoba will follow with this measure.  

I don't like risks when it comes to denim and viruses.  

Better safe than sorry.  

I'm sewing masks for my friend's daughter.  

They're lucky enough to live in one of the provinces that have a mandatory face mask policy at schools.  


Her favourite colour is purple.  

There is not a lot of purple cotton or linen fabric in my stash.  

I found this polka dot white and purple fabric at Fabricland.  

I feel safer shopping there. 

They make the customers wear face masks from the start of re-opening.  

That in itself deserves my business.  

Everyone in line to get their fabric selections cut were purchasing fabric for facemasks.  

Every. Single. Person. 

Several of them were sewing masks that they sell on Etsy.  

Many were waiting for the bolts of NHL hockey print fabrics to be passed along.  

Funny, no one else seemed interested in the purple fabric.   

This is perfect.  

Because I might have to go back to get more.  

That's all in sewing news today.

Stay Safe, Be Kind and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...