Monday 2 March 2020

Matchy-matchy: Simplicity 8229

I'm on a remnant busting kick at the moment. That is how I ended up with a pair of panties that will match this dress.  


I can always use new knickers even if I don't end up doing the matchy-matchy thing and wear them with the dress. The pattern is a true and tested (TNT) pattern, Simplicity 8229. The fit is spot on with this pattern and its a quick easy project. 


The Stats


Fabric:  remnant piece

Elastic:  2.40 picot elastic

PatternSimplicity 8229


Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, scissors, sewing machine, walking foot, serger, threads (cotton for the sewing machine and polyester for the serger), screwdriver, Jean-a-ma-Jig, and tailor's chalk.  

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I made two infinity scarves out of leftover knit fabric today. It seems we are both on a use up the remnants kick.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...