Tuesday 29 October 2019

Rescue Sewing: Vogue 9268 & 9057

About two years ago I made a second version of Katherine Brenne's Vogue 9268, a pullover dress.  I tweaked the pattern by using Marcy Tilton's Vogue 9057, a top pattern for the rounded neckline.  I was quite pleased with how the neckline turned out but I didn't wear it as much as I thought I would because I didn't make the best fabric choice.  Don't get me wrong, the fabric is a fantastic cotton knit that I found at Marshall / Northwest Fabrics.  


This is a perfect example of how fabric choice does matter on how a garment will look.  I should have know better that the waterfall design on the dress would work better with a fabric that has a softer drape.  I finally got around to fixing this dress into something that I can wear by chopping off the excess fabric from the sides.  And now I have a wearable dress.  


Hmm, I wonder what I can make with those discarded hip flaps?  

Happy Sewing!



5 comments:

  1. Love this dress, both ways but can see the second version being a bit more versatile. I am not one for matchy matchy but a little hat with a folded up brim would be really nice in that knit. I just wouldn't wear it with the dress, but that' me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that's a good idea, I could always use a hat when I'm outside doing yardwork/ clearing snow. I was thinking about a headband but now you have me considering another option.

      Delete
  2. I like this style much better. Being wide in the hips I am afraid those hip flaps just might have made me look like a frigate plowing through water.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, oh my gosh can I ever relate. I'm blessed with generous sized hips myself. What was I thinking when I originally thinking when I made this one. I guess I should look at it as a work in progress because I like it much better now.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...