Saturday 12 October 2019

Winter White Skirt: OOP Butterick 5790

I know that a winter white skirt is not the most practical piece of clothing that I can make on a weekend where we're recovering from a significant amount of slushy wet snow. But I made one anyway.  


I had a small piece of this fabric in the stash, just enough to sew up the pull-on skirt. For this project, I pulled out an out-of-print (OOP) pattern, Butterick 5790, from back-in-the-day (circa 1998) when I was a much smaller size.  


I placed the place-on-the-fold line two inches away from the fold to cut a skirt that fits my more generous hip size. Yup, that means no pumpkin pie this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Or maybe there is enough stretch in this one that I can sneak a piece?  


The Stats

Fabric:   1.3 metres

Elastic:  0.80 metres of 2" wide elastic

Pattern:  OOP Butterick 5790

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushions, iron, ironing board, clapper, sewing machine, walking foot, serger, threads, scissors, thread clippers and tea.  

Happy Sewing & Thanksgiving to those celebrating this weekend!  

3 comments:

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...