Friday 6 March 2020

Happy National Dress Day!

Today marks National Dress Day, a day to celebrate dress memories and that one piece garment that makes it easy to throw on and go.


By far this would be my favourite dress memory.  I picked these colourful knit fabrics to celebrate the colours of the Portuguese flag when Portugal made it to the finals in the Euro Cup in 2016.


I do like a wrap dress and this maxi wrap dress was a favourite for some time. I eventually shortened it and then it quickly lost its appeal. But I do still have fond memories of the maxi version.  


The dress memories associated with these two velveteen dresses are all about learning new techniques. There was a lot of research, trail and error, and tears that went into the making of these dresses. Eventually and gratefully they turned out in the end.  


Out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372 is the most-made pattern that I've sewn and Mom's favourite dress pattern.  


Sometimes I like to mix and matching pieces from different patterns to create something new.  


And here we are at my current favourite dress pattern, the Assembly Line's Tulip dress. It's so comfortable and has the oh, so essential, pockets. The perfect dress needs pockets.  

What's your favourite dress style or pattern?  

Happy Sewing and National Dress Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...