Thursday 19 March 2020

In Sewing (and other) News Today...

I was good with all this sewcial distancing.

Like many of you, I have a fabric stash.

And a hobby to distract myself.

Until things got real.

Euro Cup 2020 has been cancelled.

Until 2021.

Virtual window fabric shopping would surely cheer me up, right?


Swoon.

But I'm currently on a fabric fast.

Kidding aside.  How is everyone doing?

Personally, I'm a little sad by the behaviour of some people.  

There are people out there that are not taking it seriously.

Showing up at work sick.

Seriously, I'm not kidding.

I'm happy to read that many in our sewing community have jobs where you can work from home.

Be safe.

And thankful that you're some of the lucky few who can continue to work from home.

I worry for the homeless.

Those sleeping on the streets.

Without access to soap and water for frequent hand washing.

I wonder if those hoarding hand sanitizer are thinking about the homeless?

I worry for those with  medical conditions.

Those who are having their medical treatments postponed.

Those worried about others with uncompromised immune systems who are not taking this seriously and acting recklessly.

Be kind.

Wash your hands

Often.

Think about others.

To help them stay safe.

Keep your distance

Keep calm

Count blessings

We have many

We just have to count them.

And stay creative.

It's good for the soul.

Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...