Tuesday 10 March 2020

In Sewing News Today...

So far this year, I haven't stepped inside a fabric store.

Woohoo!

Feeling pretty proud of myself on that one.

I did step inside a department store though.

Spotted a long sleeve cotton, not cotton blend, t-shirt.

Just a plain pullover style.

It was on sale for fifteen dollars.

I thought it was a good deal since it's so rare to see cotton t-shirts now-a-day that aren't blended with a man-made fibres.

I then stumbled on the RTW fast and came home with a new long-sleeved cotton t-shirt.

It came with a good dose of shoppers remorse.

Not feeling so proud of myself on that one.

But sometimes I stumble until I come to my senses.

It's back at the store.

I have cotton t-shirt fabric in the stash.

Lots of it.

And there is Vogue 9130 waiting to be made up one day.

Or perhaps, a version of out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 1306?

With long sleeves.

And without the neckline placket.

Wow!

Confession really is good for the soul and discovery.

I know what my next sewing project will be!

Well, I better get to work.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. I've done the same. You are not alone. In the end you will really enjoy the pleasure you will have making your new top and it will last so much longer than your fast fashion fantasy. Ya did good!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...