Monday 31 July 2017

July in Review...

Sewing:

The summer months for the past few years have been the time when I typically find more time for sewing but not this year. Thankfully, I've been working. I've found a part-time job at a fabric store. I know, it sounds like a dangerous place to be working but believe it or not, I haven't been buying out the store. Might be that after standing all day and doing all that physical work, the last thing I feel like doing is shopping for fabric. This job might be the best thing to help me with the fabric fast!  


I did manage to get some sewing done, all these projects were made with fabric from the stash. My sewing mojo received a boost with the appearance of Tessuti's Eva dress pattern. There is one hideous sewing project that I made when I was sick, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, that has been omitted from the project photo above but counted in the stats below.    

RTW & Fabric Fast:

Okay, so working at a physical job didn't keep me away from fabric shopping. As matter of fact I went in on my day off and picked up 2.1 metres of 100% linen I spotted in the home decor department marked down to $4.00 / metre. The plan was to make a pair of pants until someone mentioned they make beautiful kitchen towel and now I'm thinking linen kitchen towels would be a lovely host / hostess gift to have when the occasion is called for. 

The RTW fast is so easy, I don't even have to think about it. I'm looking forward to the day when I can say the same about the fabric fast. Only 2.1 metres is not bad though, right?      

The Stats:


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month 
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape
0 metres
3.83 metres
0
Bias Tape
5.8 metres
6.5 metres
4 metres
Buttons
8
45
50
Chain

0
0
Cord Stopper

0
0
Elastic
0 metres
15.5 metres
38 metres
Fabric
12.3 metres
79.6 metres
64.1
metres
Fusible Tape
3 metres
39.26 metres
6 rolls
Hand needles

2
0
Hook and Eyes

0
0
Interfacing
0.6 metres
6.2 metres
6 metres
Lace trim
2.6 metres
0
Pattern (new)
2
13
16
Pattern (previously used--TNT)
3
21
0
Ribbon

1.1 metres
3.3 metres
Serger needles

0
0
Serger thread

4
12
Sewing machine needles
1
4
0
Snaps

5
0
Thread
1
14
18
Trim
2 metres
7 metres
Velcro

0
0
Zipper
0
6
8



Happy Sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...