Sunday, 31 January 2016

January in Review

Sewing:

Top L to R:  Jungle January Jammies, McCall's 2476; Vintage Jumper Muslin, OOP McCall's 7946;
Vintage Jumper, OOP McCall's 7946; Donna Karan skirt, OOP Vogue 1378; 'The Cat's Pajamas', McCall's 7299;
Striped skirt, no pattern used.

I actually did not get around to doing a lot of sewing this month. The Donna Karan skirt and the vintage jumper muslin were sewn during my Christmas lay-off. I just didn't get around to snapping pictures and blogging about them until this month. I had grand plans that are still in the works.  Maybe February will be more productive?  

I did manage to get some mending and alterations done this month. This is a huge achievement for me because I'm not all that fond of mending and alterations. The plan is to get the mending pile under control this year.   


RTW Fast:

And I managed to get through the first month sewing, mending and altering all my clothing needs. This is my third year on a ready-to-wear fast. Woohoo! After the first year, I recall Carolyn mentioning that it gets easier as time progresses and she's right. As my skills improve so does my confidence that I could make something just as well or better.


The Stats: 


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash
Basting Tape
0.40 metres
0.40 metres
0
Bias Tape
0
0
0
Buttons
1
1
0
Chain
0
0
0
Elastic
0.8 metres
0.8 metres
0
Fabric
11.15 metres
11.15 metres
20.5 metres
Hand needles
0
0
0
Hook and Eyes
0
0
0
Interfacing
0
0
0
Lace trim
0
0
0
Pattern (new)
4
4
3
Pattern (previously used)
1
1
0
Serger needles
0
0
0
Serger thread
0
0
0
Sewing machine needles
0
0
0
Snaps
0
0
0
Thread
2
2
0
Trim
0
0
0
Velcro
0
0
0
Zipper
1
1
0


Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I think you got a lot done, considering you had alterations and mending too. I find fixing takes longer than starting from scratch.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Instead of Curtains...

This morning it was back at the sewing table to make a narrower width of the curtain .  This one will fit more like a panel over the window....