Saturday 31 January 2015

January in Review...

New Fabric:

Although, I declared this the year that I was going to shop from my stash instead of the fabric stores, I ended up with these three pieces of fabric.

Top left and right:  100% polyester knits, bottom: 100% silk suiting
My bad.

Ready-to-Wear Fast:

I signed up for my second year of RTW fasting. A year ago I was counting, "[t]hirty-one days down, [t]hree hundred thirty-four more days to go!," but not this year. Could it be that this is getting easier? Not necessarily. I am still tempted by sweaters and I don't knit. I really need to try out those cardigan patterns.

Sewing:

There wasn't a whole lot of sewing this month. I managed to get three projects completed this month. The aqua blue dress for Mama R, a skirt for moi and half of my Jungle January outfit were finished.

Left:  Vogue 8976, Centre:  New Look 6108, Left:  Simplicity 2372
The animal print knit fabric (shown above) is cut using Vogue 8976, the Marcy Tilton jacket. The plan is to pair it with the silver dress above. The two pieces together were to be my Jungle January contribution and I have until the clock strikes midnight. Hmmm, wonder if I can get it done in time?

Sewing Supplies
Used from Stash

Basting Tape
1.12 metres

Bias Tape


Buttons


Elastic


Fabric
9.4 metres
8.8 metres
Interfacing
0.35 metres

Lace


Lining


Needles


Hooks and Eyes


Pattern
2 previously used
2 new

Ribbon

7 metres
Serger Thread


Sewing Machine Needle
1

Snaps


Spools of Thread
1

Velcro


Zipper
1 - 22” invisible
1 - 7”  invisible


Happy Sewing!  






1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad I've bought a lot of fabric already this year. Love the silk suiting!

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...